WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the world’s largest TV, Film & Interactive Studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, Otter Media including: Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Sex in the City, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and so much more.
WarnerMedia Technology is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service created to bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s content, including broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive & immersive content, distinguished news & entertainment reporting, and much more — all in one digital destination.
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The teams behind Warner Bros., Turner and HBO are coming together to redefine the future of entertainment. We're building a team of big thinkers to work on an end-to-end product experience that will revolutionize streaming and amplify the heart we all have for the stories our brands tell, and as product designer your role will be critical in shaping this future.
As Design Director, your focus is in creating beautiful pixel-perfect digital experiences that not only meet business & marketing needs, but also push the UI into innovative territory above and beyond the competition. You can create a well-thought design and add visual nuances utilizing color, hierarchy, animation and interaction and create a stunning interface that delights the user.
You understand technology and are always looking for the latest and greatest trends across all the digital products that touch your life and inspire your design choices. You want everything that comes from your hands to be beautiful and inspiring and enjoy a challenge This job isn't just about designing experiences that blow KPIs through the roof - it's also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand, millions of people, and the entertainment we all love.
- Develop strategy for product design and manage day to day operation of the product design organization.
- Manage and mentor an existing team of Product Designers.
- Partner with UX Research team to integrate customer feedback into design.
- Maintains a holistic view of the product and drive toward a simple and coherent experience.
- Drive new ideas into user research, stakeholder reviews, and prototypes all the way into our applications.
- Develop, present and defend ideas in front of the design, product and executive teams.
- Continuously strive to optimize our process to deliver design into engineering, while keeping the challenges of an agile design and engineering team in mind.
- Ensures Stash UX meets a minimum level of quality, drives innovative UI/visual thinking, provide vision, and strategic direction to the product design team.
- Be a great team leader that's able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 8+ years of Product Design experience for consumer brands on complex flows and use cases across customer journeys.
- 3+ years building and leading a highly effective design organization at a tech company that has shown excellence in product design.
- Strong point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and systems.
- Evidence of successful collaboration with engineering orgs.
- Evidence of using research and data to steer design thinking.
- Point-of-view on how to create tools for design and prototyping.
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution.
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.