HBO Media Technology and Information Systems is seeking an experienced Sr. Business Analyst to oversee and deliver an ongoing portfolio of operational projects related to HBO’s Data and Analytics Platform (DAP). The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to translate complicated business requirements into actionable technical specifications and deliverables and possess significant big data, analytics and media industry domain knowledge.
- Work with the MTIS operations group, business stakeholders, system and solution architects, engineers, and management to identify, document, prioritize, and manage the delivery of the Data and Analytics Platform’s operational roadmap.
- Create and maintain high-level system architecture and workflow diagrams to support roadmap plans.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the end-user community and MTIS engineers in order to effectively devise and execute test plans in support of platform upgrades and / or tool migration.
- Thoroughly understand the technology within the DAP space as it relates to the programs under development.
- Communicate program status on a regular basis to technology and business management teams with a focus on risk mitigation, issue tracking, budget maintenance, and overall transparency.
- 5+ years of technology business analysis or data engineering experience in a technology department or company.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously with complex stakeholder and delivery teams.
- Experience using Agile methodology and tools (Jira, Rally, etc.) to deliver projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain and manage product backlogs and system roadmaps.
- Experience translating business requirements into individual epics, features and user stories
- Experience working with offsite team members in all aspects of system delivery including development and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
- Experience in media or broadcast company preferred.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.