Home Box Office, Inc is seeking an experienced QA Automation Engineer to develop, maintain and support the large set of Functional Verification Tests and Service Validation Tests for our catalog of streaming applications. Working with numerous disciplines throughout the Digital Products Division within HBO Technology, the QA Automation Engineer will assist and support the development lifecycles of the HBO GO, HBO NOW, hbo.com and MAX GO products, on numerous supported platforms.
- Coordinates with Feature Release teams to understand and implement the team’s Automation needs.
- Works with manual QA to compose test plans that outline the intended automated tests for delivery to the assigned delivery teams for approval.
- Follows the organization’s established policies and procedures when implementing Automated Tests.
- Provides comprehensive status reports to QA management.
- Leverages communication, documentation, preparation and training to educate other disciplines in regards to established QA Automation processes with communication, documentation, preparation and training.
- Supports program management teams as needed according to the schedule of releases.
- Actively researches new tools/methods that could prove beneficial in the implementation of Automated Tests.
- Understands and applies technical system knowledge to organize and create Automated Tests.
- Establishes practices that lead to higher test stability by identifying methods of testing not only the code the test is intended to validate, but the test code itself.
- Ensures stability of the software release enhancements across all HBO digital products including HBO GO, HBO NOW, MAX GO and HBO.com.
- Performs debugging of FVT failures, in order to assess test stability and confirm the results of reported failures.
- 1-3 years related experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced degree or relative in-field experience preferred
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in at least one object-oriented language.
- Experience with scripting languages such as: Unix (bash), Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with common software development tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, JIRA, etc.
- Experience with client/server product releases/deployments of SaaS applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.