WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the worlds largest TV, Film & Interactive Studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, Otter Media including: Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and more.
WarnerMedia Technology is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service which will bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s content, including broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive & immersive content, distinguished news & entertainment reporting and much more - all in one digital destination.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Technical Program Manager with experience shipping multiple products across a variety of platforms, using a variety of development methodologies.
The ideal candidate will know the process for shipping software, and be passionate about using, modeling, and teaching that process thereby increasing their teammates’ productivity. As a Technical Program Manager, you will know how to make rational and thoughtful trade-offs required to deliver a product while maintaining a healthy team and healthy business relationships.
The successful candidate will work closely with development teams, quality assurance, business managers, and Digital Product’s leadership team. You will be able to embrace our engineering-focused culture and development philosophy by actively involving and engaging the entire team to drive consensus. Our self-organizing development teams need a Technical Program Manager who remains focused on delivering to the right goals and executing in a way that is consistent with the team’s development methodology. To this end, the successful candidate must possess strong negotiation and cross-functional communication skills.
- Manage cross-functional communication within the internal development team, and dependent groups.
- Define problem statements with data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team(s) to establish goals and milestones that align with development team dependencies.
- Add value in technical discussions about solution design and implementation.
- Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external development teams as deliverables change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices.
- Collaborate with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur.
- Communicate how solution goals fit into, and are influenced by, larger divisional goals, and how the team's work impacts the success or failure of the division.
- Identify and document the requirements for an area or product.
- Cloud based application PM experience focused on clients or services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team.
- Drive the definition of project scope, develop detailed project plans, and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational, and business requirements.
- Strong understanding of development methodologies including waterfall and agile (including Lean or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)).
- Experience collaborating with engineering to write features for implementation.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals
- 4+ years of experience on multiple technical projects
- Experience with teams developing service libraries, CICD service pipelines, and platform related services a plus.
- Prior experience working within bug tracking systems (ex: YouTrack, JIRA)
- Experience documenting technical systems and training users in complex operational procedures.
- Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
- Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related experience preferred; service platform management/development a plus.
- Entertainment or Media industry experience is a plus.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.