The intern in the HBO Digital & Social Media Content Team will work on a range of digital content projects with a focus on content surrounding HBO’s programming. They will serve as a resource for the larger digital marketing team and will also collaborate with members of the wider marketing team.. This candidate must feel comfortable putting forth new ideas, writing in a variety of styles, and learning new technologies and platforms. They should be proactive and a self starter. We are a fast-paced team with the spirit of entrepreneurs. Our ideal candidate will be creative, solutions-orientated, organized and have a positive attitude. The role reports directly to a Digital Marketing Manager.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in content creation with an enthusiasm for entertainment/pop culture as well as a deep knowledge of HBO programming. They avidly follow digital trends and new technologies. They are a creative thinker and a strong writer with a clear, natural style, a sense of humor, and can make even the most functional copy sing.
They will work as part of the Digital Marketing team by doing the following:
- Contribute ideas to brainstorming sessions
- Gather reporting/information as needed for projects
- Writing copy for promotional elements across digital platforms
- Conduct in-depth research and clearly summarize findings
- Write editorial copy for social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout HBO Consumer Marketing
- Assisting with researching the latest social media trends and providing competitive analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Well-versed in a range of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
- A voracious reader and digital content consumer
- Creative background, in writing or ideation.
- Studying communications, English, journalism, marketing or advertising preferred.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.