WarnerMedia is looking for an experienced Project Manager with an interest in technology and broadcast media to support several critical content distribution initiatives as part of Warner Media’s media supply chain.
The media supply chain team is responsible for aggregating content and metadata from various sources and efficiently delivering that content to numerous consumer platforms.
The Project Manager will serve as a liaison between the technology department and other business and technology teams throughout WarnerMedia. This role will manage projects of a cross-functional nature to support the development of new functionality and workflows to distribute content and metadata throughout the media supply chain. Working closely with the different teams, you will manage project timelines for multiple concurrent projects, mitigate project risks, report project status, and ensure on-time delivery.
As a successful candidate, you will have exceptional organizational and analytical skills. You will also be expected to successfully communicate with functional and technical stakeholders at various levels.
- Contribute to the planning, development, and enhancement of internally developed applications that support the distribution of WarnerMedia content.
- Manage projects of a cross-functional nature to media workflow stakeholders according to agreed timelines, business requirements, and enterprise standards.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to support an agile product development process.
- Support project team through all iterations of technical elaboration and development.
- Provide active leadership and facilitate the delivery of scrum teams in story definition, daily stand up meetings, release planning, backlog refinement, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, etc.
- Support QA and User Acceptance Testing for all system releases.
- Partner with different operation and technology teams to ensure new functionality is moved into production environments without unintended impact on business units.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Project Manager supporting technical project teams in the definition and delivery of custom-built, business-critical systems.
- A passion to have a solid understanding of the products, systems, and functionality you are working on to be able to step-in, lead and assist the team.
- Demonstrated successful experience executing projects aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities.
- You have a strong attention to detail, yet with the ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to partner with the business to define and document their current and future system needs.
- Expertise in eliciting and documenting business requirements through use cases, user stories, and other means (including workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams, screen wireframes, etc).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think outside-of-the-box when assessing possible solutions.
- You’ve demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
- You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
- Expertise with Project Management Software, Agile Tools, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, wikis, and/or G Suite tools
- Experience in the development and execution of test cases and test management. Experience working with QA resources on project delivery
- Ability to set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion when working with other team members.
- Experience with iterative and agile software development methodologies.
- Media or entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.