Partnering with executive leadership and operating areas, the WarnerMedia Entertainment (WME) Strategy team facilitates and supports strategic/operational planning. As part of the larger Finance organization, the team executes on detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to further WME’s strategic priorities including the launch of a direct to consumer streaming service.
We are looking for a Manager who will be based in Burbank and who will focus on work related to the strategic support for launching, operating and growing WME’s new streaming service, as well as the other strategic priorities of WME. This multi-disciplined individual will collaborate with key partners across content, technology, product, network operations, ad sales, distribution, and consumer research. The candidate will report to a Senior Manager, WME Strategy.
- Develop assessments and detailed financial models to evaluate strategic possibilities for the direct to consumer service and new business models and initiatives for WME
- Support cross-functional projects and initiatives, including working with consumer research functions and operating areas to develop tools, analyses, and presentation materials to help grow WME’s new streaming service
- Develop and manage the direct to consumer operating plan, including identifying and tracking progress against business goals/KPIs
- Create long term strategic plans and support the creation of long term financial plans for current and future WME business areas
- Provide, as needed, support for both Warner Media corporate and senior management, including strategy reviews, board presentations, and other management meetings
- Produce and maintain advanced knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity
- 4 – 6 years of work experience, preferably in Strategy/Management Consulting, Investment Banking, or in a finance, strategy or business development function in media
- Intellectual curiosity and an aptitude for pursuing and solving complex problems with strategic analysis and financial modeling, as well as presenting the results of analysis
- Experience with subscription business modeling analytics (lifetime value, retention, cohort analysis)
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and financial modeling abilities; can manage and own the details of large data sets with limited oversight
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to prepare, present, and communicate to management complex analyses in a concise and understandable manner
- Strong grasp of media strategy and business concepts
- Highly motivated self-starter who is proactive and takes initiative
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to build confidence and trust with internal constituencies and provide excellent customer service.
- Experience interfacing and presenting to senior executives and management teams
- Travel requirements: regular travel to New York City may be required
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.