WarnerMedia is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager with an interest in technology and broadcast media to support several critical content distribution initiatives as part of WarnerMedia’s Media Supply Chain.
The Media Supply Chain team is responsible for aggregating content and metadata from various
sources and efficiently delivering that content to numerous consumer platforms. The Senior Project Manager will serve as a liaison between the technology department and other business and technology teams throughout WarnerMedia. This role will manage projects of a cross-functional nature to support the development of new functionality and workflows to
distribute content and metadata throughout the media supply chain. Working closely with the
different teams, you will manage program and project timelines for multiple concurrent workstreams, mitigate project risks, report project status, and ensure on-time delivery.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background and demonstrate experience leading medium to large projects with exceptional organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills. A successful candidate will also be expected to effectively communicate with business, functional and technical stakeholders at various levels.
- Contribute to the planning, execution, and enhancement of internally developed applications that support the distribution of WarnerMedia content
- Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
- Facilitate the delivery of cross-functional, multi-workstream, projects to business and media workflow stakeholders per business requirements, and enterprise standards
- Partner with different operation and technology teams to ensure new functionality is moved into production environments without unintended impact on business units
- Support project teams through all iterations of technical enhancements, including Cross-Functional Integration and User Acceptance Testing for program level releases
- Optimize time-to-launch, by driving team consensus on business priorities, technical approach, and setting timelines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Manager leading complex medium-to-large scale technical projects
- Effective at driving the team’s attention to actions that must be taken to achieve the business requirements
- Talent for accumulating, analyzing and synthesizing facts, in order to make balanced assessments and smart decisions
- Experience driving complex cross-functional, cross-organizational, project plans to successful completion by skillfully negotiating milestones along the critical path
- Proficient at influencing technical and non-technical audiences through written and verbal communication including, but not limited to, the use of workflow diagrams
- Ability to set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and deliver consistent support when working with other team members
- Aptitude for seeking out, identifying and mitigating constraints before they can develop into project risks
- Outstanding escalation management skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Proficient with Project Management scheduling tools, Atlassian Confluence and Jira, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience discussing technical concepts with engineering teams to remove roadblocks and evaluate new ideas
- Ability to elicit and document business requirements through use cases, user stories, and other means (e.g. workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams, screen wireframes, etc)
- Confirmed team player willing to pitch in and get dirty when projects require
- Media or entertainment industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.