The Senior Publicist for the Media Relations will help support the publicity campaigns for HBO’s award-winning documentary team.
- Work closely with the Media Relations team reporting to Senior Vice President, or Director, to create, strategize and execute publicity campaigns for a broad range of documentary films on HBO
- Collaborate with internal partners and stakeholders including programming, marketing and digital social media to strengthen publicity for programs and maximize campaign awareness
- Pitch general consumer, trade and niche press including broadcast, online and print outlets
- Work closely with PR agencies on strategy and execution of PR campaigns.
- Liase with filmmakers and talent to promote their work
- Assist in the planning and execution of premiere screening events
- Work with team on campaigns for top tier film festivals
- Lead individual campaigns and/or provide backup on projects with MR team as needed
- Write press materials and work with internal teams to manage and select assets, clips, photos, etc.
- Manage asset traffic working closely with internal DSM team and outside PR agencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years related experience in media, PR or communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized multi-tasker, resourceful, flexible, self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Digitally savvy and well versed in various social media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Have strong interest in News, Film and TV
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.