WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the worlds largest TV, Film & Interactive Studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, Otter Media including: Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and more.
WarnerMedia Technology is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service which will bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s content, including broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive & immersive content, distinguished news & entertainment reporting and much more - all in one digital destination.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Senior QA Engineer with experience shipping multiple products across a variety of platforms, using a variety of development methodologies.
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for independently leading quality deliverables and QA planning efforts across multiple features or client releases, ensuring the stability of the software release candidates across all HBO property, including connected TV devices, web sites and mobile platforms.
You’ll be responsible for working with a wide array of groups to understand the agreed upon functionality, how the functionality will work, and to create test cases and scenarios which will fully exercise this functionality. This QA Senior engineer will also be a key partner with the user community to understand their roadmap and determine testing requirements.
- Projects and work related to specific platforms
- Solve escalated day to day tasks
- Report team status to QA Lead/QA Manager
- Refine Test Plans and test cases
- Create comprehensive testing scenarios
- Deliver high quality, low to zero defect releases
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate processing flow charts, diagrams, tables, and other supporting documentation to convey proposed or updated testing approaches
- Enforce and evangelize standards for consistent practices throughout the department
- At least 3-5 years of experience within the Quality Assurance specialty
- Experience with Black-box/Gray-box testing
- Must have worked in positions which have site and product releases on a frequent basis (at least one per month)
- Strong knowledge of smoke testing, regression testing, test case creation, and applying automation testing to improve the delivery of the team
- Expertise in testing game console apps for devices such as Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox One, PS4, Chromecast and Smart TVs
- Gaming and VR testing experience is a plus!
- Extremely detail-oriented, possessing the ability to think outside of the box
- Experienced in testing and supporting web, mobile and media applications
- Testing web applications developed in Flash and HTML5
- Knowledge of AEM, CRXDE or another comparable CMS tool
- HBO Max
- HBO NOW
- HBO GO
- MAX GO
- Amazon Fire tablet
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Android TV
- Apple iOS
- Apple TV/tvOS
- Samsung Smart TV
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.