The Director, HR will drive the people strategy for HBO NY and support client groups by applying best-in-class HR principles around business planning, organizational design, company culture, training and development, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, legal compliance, etc.
- Provide day to day HR support for the HBO NY division.
- Working closely with the VP, HR, drive strategic HR-related planning, organization design & integration, talent management, compensation planning, employee development, succession planning, and performance management for the HBO NY team.
- Collaborate on a strategic and tactical level with operating leaders on a variety of Human Resource and business-related initiatives to support organization and operational goals.
- Provide guidance & input on organizational related issues such as restructures & reorganizations, workforce planning, team efficiencies, succession planning, and talent pool.
- Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner.
- Work closely with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business.
- Oversee standard reporting and collaborate with HRIS teams to develop ad hoc reports as needed to support business needs.
- Review and analyze metrics and trends to align with organizational strategy and values..
- Handle complex performance management issues (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, terminations, and appraisals), career development, and conflict management. Provide leadership and support with employee complaints and investigations.
- Work closely with department heads to identify high potential talent, as well as potential talent gaps within the organization; Work in conjunction with Organizational Effectiveness team to support initiatives to develop and retain high potential talent.
- Manage staffing process working with clients and our internal talent acquisition team to identify recruitment strategies
- Identify and recruit key digital, functional and technical talent for critical open roles and building a world-class bench of internal and external talent
- Work closely and partner effectively with HR leadership to ensure consistent HR practices across related organizations and functions
- Regularly communicate with management to support business unit; attend staff and leadership meetings as needed.
- Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for strategic improvements
- Minimum 7 years relevant HR experience including employee relations and organizational development
- Graduate degree in Human Resources, MBA or related field preferred
- Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
- Experience working in a complex, matrix environment
- Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
- Strong employee-relations skillset; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
- Ability to travel as needed
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.