The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work independently with excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills. This person must be able to detect and solve both technical and audio quality issues that may arise throughout the facility and production process. Troubleshooting skills are essential. Since this position involves frequent communication with staff and clients, the ideal candidate will have an approachable and friendly demeanor, with the ability to explain technical information to non-technical users. Finally, the ideal candidate must be committed to quality, and have a passion for new audio technology. This is a long-term temporary position to support the Studio Services team.
Mixing, Sound Design, Editing, and Restoration
- Mixing and sound design for trailers, promos, shows, and in-house content
- Audio restoration (i.e. cleaning up dialogue/production audio with iZoptope RX)
- Dialogue, Music, and SFX editing
- Remixing/remastering existing projects to support new formats
- Converting traditional surround projects to Dolby Atmos
- Making sure audio meets delivery and broadcast standards
Support and QC in-house mix review sessions
- Ensure audio is balanced in listening environments of different sizes and configurations.
- Ensure correct calibration and work with Dolby and other companies to ensure compliance
- Help manage all audio related equipment throughout the facility
- Ensure cohesion between HBO sites and production facilities
Minimum of 3-6 years audio mixing and sound design for feature film or television
Recording experience in post production and music environments
Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, and iZotope RX experience
Stereo and 5.1 mixing experience
7.1 and Dolby Atmos experience is ideal but not required
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.