WarnerMedia is looking for a Business Analyst with an interest in technology and broadcast media to support several critical content distribution initiatives.
This Business Analyst will serve as a liaison between the technology department and other business and technology teams throughout WarnerMedia. The candidate will work closely with these groups to identify and document business requirements to support the development of new functionality and workflows to distribute content and metadata throughout the media supply chain. This role will also support technology teams in the development of software based on the business requirements.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and analytical skills and be able to clearly present problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical teams. Duties will include: in-depth requirements gathering; analysis of current and future state workflows; supporting the team in design, testing, implementation, and rollout.
- Contribute to the planning, development, and enhancement of internally developed applications that support the distribution of WarnerMedia content.
- Create and maintain detailed business requirements documentation including process maps, business process and media flow diagrams, and data flow diagrams.
- Support project team through all iterations of technical elaboration and development.
- Support User Acceptance Testing for all system releases.
- Prepare documentation for training clients on application usage.
- Participate in sprint planning, scrums, and backlog grooming activities.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst supporting technical project teams in the definition and delivery of custom-built, business-critical systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to partner with the business to define and document their current and future system needs.
- Expertise in eliciting and documenting business requirements through use cases, user stories, and other means (including workflow diagrams, dataflow diagrams, screen wireframes, etc).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think outside-of-the-box when assessing possible solutions.
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, wikis, and/or G Suite tools
- Experience in the development and execution of Test Cases and test management.
Experience working with QA resources on project delivery.
- Ability to set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion when working with other team members.
- Experience with iterative and agile software development methodologies.
- Media or entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.