Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
At WarnerMedia, we believe that digital technologies will bring forward a new era of entertainment products. We are pioneering new ways to deliver our premium content to customers while at the same time developing entirely new interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia’s Interactive & Immersive Experiences division (IIX) is responsible for exploring this nexus of technology and entertainment, requiring a staff of highly inventive and technically flexible software professionals. We especially prize people who are knowledgeable, innovative, and motivated to enable engaging and elegant digital entertainment experiences. We need expertise in devices—such as smartphones, tablets, game consoles, VR/AR, and PCs. Above all, we need people who can take their expertise and accomplish things that have never been done before—because that’s what we’re doing.
We are looking for a driven, experienced Senior Engineer to help deliver next-generation entertainment. The successful engineer will have the experience, knowledge, creativity, and interpersonal skills it takes to work with cross-discipline leadership and development partners - with a mission of delivering innovative and compelling experiences to the world. The ideal candidate for this position will have a history of technology leadership in game development and a passion for navigating development relationships to drive success in interactive products.
- You will act as product engineering champion - leading technology guidance, oversight, communication, and vision through full product development life-cycles, including:
- Identifying the best engine and middleware solutions
- Ownership and contribution on technical specs and estimates for engine, pipeline, and service architectures and implementations
- Debugging, fixing, and improving partner code, pipelines, services, and workflows
- Understanding the accumulation of technical debt and communicating trade-offs
- Implementing reusable features to accelerate and streamline development for partners
- Performance & stability evaluation and improvements
- Integrating R&D code into products for trial or production
- Setup and maintenance of telemetry/analytics pipelines
- Replicating partner build/deployment frameworks for internal purposes
- You will represent technology for product and portfolio planning - providing expertise and oversight on priorities, trade-offs, and risks - as well as your own personal perspective to decision-making
- You will be in constant communication with all business and development dimensions to provide insight and feedback - with the goal of driving development partners and internal efforts to deliver world-class experiences
- You will join multidisciplinary efforts to pioneer and deliver new concepts and pipelines that drive our products into the future
- 8+ years of development experience in C, C++, and C#.
- 5-8+ years of working in game development over 2+ game middleware/engine releases.
- Passion for understanding and improving interpersonal skills and relationships internally and with development partners.
- Experience with managing partner relationships (publishing, contracting, etc.) to coordinate code and content from multiple sources and time-zones.
- Desire to solve complex problems extending far beyond the technical space.
- Highly effective communicator (both verbal and written) with the ability to partner, engage, and translate across technical and non-technical teams to deliver cohesive experiences.
Experience developing and shipping AAA+ quality games preferred
Competency in emerging interaction paradigms, including touch, voice, and NUI preferred
Interest in development for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), or other forms of head mounted displays (HMDs) preferred
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.