45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
The Systems Engineer requires a strong level of understanding as it pertains to technology and practices necessary to perform support and maintenance of broadcast and IT equipment and our post production environment. Support requires a knowledge of broadcast and IT infrastructure including:
- Technical spaces (control rooms, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/data centers)
- Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, server-based playback, etc.)
Turner BEST teams operate within a framework that’s supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required, including documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in-house service management system(s).
Our Engineers collaborate with team members, clients and other support groups to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments. We expect our BIT Engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service.
*We operate in a Sunday through Friday production environment. Shift work on a rotating schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all of HBO’s Production virtual and physical infrastructure
- Act as L1 support for all service tickets; Create and maintain internal technical documentation and articles hosted on internal Confluence based on issues reported
- Ensure sufficient inventory of parts and technology supplies, working with procurement and asset management teams to order and track inventory
- Perform technical support for critical/on-air production systems
- Represent the company in dynamic, multi-cultural environments and effectively interface with demanding broadcast personnel (e.g., on-air talent, producers) in a professional manner
- 2- or 4-year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training)
- Typically, 6 or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level
- Strong technical and operational understanding of
- Windows, Mac OS and Linux Operating Systems
- Remote deployment of Windows and MacOS images
- Full suite of VMWare software (ESXi, vCenter, Horizon, UEM and UAG)
- Nonlinear editing software (Adobe Creative Suite and Avid Media Composer)
- Production Asset Management (Avid Interplay and Avid Web Services)
- Post production storage using Avid NEXIS, Oracle ZFS and PURE Flash storage
- Encoding software like Root6 Content Agent & ColorFront
- Video formats, baseband routing and SDVN standards such as SMPTE 2110 and NMOS
- Knowledge of
- Basic scripting including PowerShell
- Networking concepts including routing, subnetting etc… to be able to troubleshoot issues at the workstation level
- Relational databases including SQL Server
- Production Archive solutions/storage including Oracle DIVA and Spectra Verd
- Candidates must possess excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CAD and Visio is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and adeptness at building relationships with all technical and operational areas across HBO
- Demonstrates experience with television or multimedia production workflows
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working on technology and/or process design/re-engineering projects
- Ability to work all shifts associated with production environments
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
- Ability to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position
- Demonstrated competency in a wide variety of technology and business contexts, and are the organization's most versatile, deployable resources
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving technical problems and being able work independently and autonomously in a team-based environment is a must
- Ability to manage workload with assistance from management as required is essential
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.