Turner Studios is an organization focused on next generation content creation. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative and innovative artists, crafts people, leaders, strategists and communicators we work closely with our partners throughout WarnerMedia to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, and our brands. Whether it be a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio-based initiative or a corporate communications tool, Turner Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate and create. Everything we do revolves around two driving principles: to always be a resource for WarnerMedia brands, while never contradicting their vision and goals; and to always provide positive economic value to WarnerMedia.
The Scenic Apprentice is a 2-year apprentice program for an entry level production position that works with the Studios Scene Shop team and reports to the Senior Manager, Scenic. This position supports the carpentry team in all areas of studio and on-location scenery production for both taped and live events. This includes working with the team to manage, build, and install sets and show props.
- Assist carpenters and painters in the workshop, working effectively with a wide range of material, including wood, Plexiglas, laminates, and metals.
- Pull, organize, and stage a variety of materials for carpentry.
- Assist with set load-ins and strikes, understanding how to properly assemble sets and protect them for storage.
- Assist in documenting standard operating procedures.
- Learn to read a CAD drawing and assist in translating them to a build schedule and plan.
- One year of production, film or theater, or related experience.
- Basic understanding of carpentry work and comfortable in a workshop.
- Ability to change direction quickly and shift priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be organized, with high attention to detail, while juggling many tasks at once.
- Great attitude and a solid team player
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.