WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at , you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Senior Broadcast & IT Field Engineer is tasked with timely and professional support in a fast paced 24x7x365 field newsgathering/production environment. Individuals in this job have demonstrated expert-level skills, knowledge and competencies necessary to meet the full range of field engineering responsibilities. Sr. BIT Field Engineers are responsible for setting up and operating satellite news gathering ("SNG") trucks & flyaways, installing & configuring video streaming hardware, performing quality control, maintenance and system level repair of all television remote broadcast and/or satellite transmission and receiving equipment as well as performing general hardware and software support for local computing equipment (laptops, LAN connection, digital phones) on site. This position typically requires proficient RF, electronic/electrical and IT support skills.
- Travel (typically Domestic, but occasionally international) is required and the ability to physically lift and move equipment weighing 50 pounds or more may be necessary
- Must be willing to perform varied tasks when required on assignment to support the production
- Must have ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations frequently encountered in field remote environments
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal, written) are required
- Ability to safely drive SNG trucks within DOT regulations Senior level engineers act as a lead and mentor to other engineers, have demonstrated competency in a wide variety of technology and business contexts and are the organizations most versatile, deployable resources
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and be able work independently and autonomously in a team-based environment is a must
- Ability to prioritize workload and workflow for a group of peers with assistance from management is essential
- Must be adept at external communications with key vendors for support services and how to implement required upgrades
- This position will primarily provide field support but will also spend time in-house, or assisting Broadcast and IT teams with project and maintenance work when not otherwise deployed in field
- Must be able to move gracefully from field to facility assignments while also keeping field trucks updated and ready to deploy
- 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics (or equivalent education/experience/training) required
- Typically 6 or more years of experience in a remote television field engineering role, with a minimum of 7 years in the broadcast field in radio or in television
- Multi-cameras field-based production and transmission systems design, logistics, set-up and troubleshooting Repair/maintenance and operation of a broad range of television remote broadcast and production equipment such as: SNG satellite uplink/downlink equipment, microwave, encoding, ENG cameras and support equipment, A/V routers and infrastructure, video switchers, audio mixers, NLE edit systems and storage devices, studio cameras, fiber optic links, signal processing and transcoding devices, production communications and computer systems/networks.
- Strong RF background Working knowledge of emerging technologies including data streaming for video transport
- Experienced problem solver who is able to perform well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel on short notice for extended and potentially intermediate time periods
- Ability to operate in a collaborative and professional manner to get the work done
- Willingness to learn Turner/CNN proprietary equipment and to facilitate repairs on field equipment while on assignment
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.