Overall Purpose of the Role:
In partnership with the Digital Business Operations and the Digital international Ad Sales and Audience & Data teams, the Head of Campaign Strategy & Delivery is responsible for overseeing the sharing of measurable data to strengthen our narrative at all stages of the campaign. This position is key to ensuring more successful renewal conversations, improvement around campaign programming / delivery / communication and bolstering new pitch scope.
This position will work closely with, and have access to, a number of cross-functional teams across the editorial commercial businesses including research, operations, audience development insights, and product details to ensure our proposals are more robust at the pitch stage and that the content is more considered and strategic at delivery. S/he will collaborate closely with the Head of Concept Development to provide pre-sale insights to enhance key pitches and work hand and glove with the Head of Content Creation to track performance and campaign pacing.
The Campaign Strategy & Delivery team will create a central repository for documentation and work closely with the CNNIC Sales and Audiences & Data teams on ensuring the KPIs we commit to are as informed as possible in terms of yield and performance. This position will work closely with Sales VPs to inform them of trends both global and regional so we can more effectively target new clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for overseeing the sharing of measurable, editorially-led data to strengthen our narrative at all stages of the campaign.
- Harness their team to prepare pre-sale data around themes and topics, which will inform the direction the Head of Concept Development takes with the development team, thus improving the quality and depth of our editorial solutions and improving the audience experience across platforms.
- The Head of Campaign Strategy & Delivery is the connector for the pre and post-sale side of the pitch process, ensuring that every part of the operation is functioning in the most informed way, and that the relevant teams across Editorial and the Commercial side of the business are connected and informed throughout the duration of a campaign.
- The team will create and distribute documentation, including a sponsorship matrix and sponsorship checklist that covers key franchises, bespoke opportunities and tentpole events
- The Campaign Strategy & Delivery team will provide a campaign wrap-up report of our sponsored editorial output, which will be beneficial for everyone and ensure we advance the sophistication of our output exponentially.
- S/he will also lead post mortem sessions for Concept Development, Sales and Creation so everyone clearly understands what works where and why.
- This position will work closely with Sales VPs to inform them of editorially-led trends both global and regional so we can more effectively target new clients.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in a strategic leadership role
- Experience in editorial programming and/or research analysis
- Extensive experience deciphering data and audience research
- Global understanding of cultural differences and sensitivities
- Ability to spot sales trends, both regional and global, particularly as it related to trends in editorial sponsorships
- Good sense of digital KPI benchmarking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing experience
- Team leader, ability to mentor and inspire
What’s on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 28 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are currently based in Soho, however we are moving to new offices in Old Street in Q1 2020.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.