Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Product Management Auth & Identity to help understand, prioritize and oversee product strategy and execution pertaining to user identity and authorization. The Manager, Product Management, Auth & Identity is a critical role that will work closely with both WarnerMedia’s internal stakeholders and external digital partners to facilitate a transparent communication process as well as manage technical expectations. The candidate should be well versed in the creation of business requirements documentation, understand complex distribution platform specifications and have a solid ability to present to senior leaders across the organization. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of the SVOD streaming space as well as modern authentication protocols and standards.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on matters pertaining to user authorization and identity
- Collaborate with internal client stakeholders to create product requirements pertaining to identity and authorization
- Develop relationships with key technical product and business counterparts at within WarnerMedia and its distribution partners
- Oversee the strategic roadmap for authorization and partner integration. Regularly publish roadmap updates and solicit stakeholder feedback
- Define and prioritize business requirements consisting of epic charters, user stories, and functional requirements
- Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features
- Collaborate with product designers to develop best-in-class user flows
- Oversee onboarding of new multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD) partners
- Liaise with WMD distribution, legal, marketing and technical teams to ensure platform guidelines, requirements and updates are communicated with an understanding of potential roadmap impact
- Partner closely with WarnerMedia’s distribution, engineering, and marketing teams to ensure successful execution of initiatives
- 6+ years of solid product/client management experience
- Strong understanding of SVOD marketplace and competitive dynamics
- Functional knowledge of modern entitlement validation authorization methods for achieving SSO (e.g. SAML)
- Detailed knowledge of popular video streaming platforms and purchase models
- Exceptionally strong communicator, skilled at aligning business leaders and managing shifting priorities
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and provide the right level of detail to executive leaders
- Functional understanding of modern authorization standards for achieving Single Sign On and Federated Identity Management
- Drive technical communications with strategic partners to help drive internal and external alignment
- Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and bug tracking systems (ex: JIRA)
- Proven track record of understanding product growth and developing strategic roadmaps
- Previous experience collaborating with or managing complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an agile environment
- Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and road mapping feature requests
- High comfort level in analytics and generating business insights from data trends
- Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Previous experience digital media product management role and functional knowledge of related technologies (HTML, JS, CSS, iOS, Android, games consoles)
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.