Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a User Interface Artist to be responsible for producing art assets, animations and menu flows for video game user interfaces. This person will work closely with UI programmers and game designers and will report to the Lead UI artist / Presentation Director.
- Design, Illustrate and create UI art assets and animations.
- Integrate and optimize the game’s HUD and menus
- Interface with game designers, UI artists and UI programmers.
- Apply and maintain a high standard of visual quality from Presentation Direction
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of game development experience or comparable experience.
- At least 1 published game.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Art degree preferred.
- Able to create the video game’s front-end user interface, in game HUD, and additional in-game art.
- Able to illustrate clean and clear iconography & typography.
- Attention to visual detail and consistency.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent in creating Motion Graphics & Animation.
- Basic knowledge of 3D Studio Max.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
- Possessing first-rate illustration and graphic design skills.
- Experience creating menus in UMG (Unreal Motion Graphics) is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Have a passion to learn new software and skills.
- Able to work with teams of different backgrounds. (game designers & programmers)
- Possessing excellent communication skills.
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Must have a strong passion for video games.
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high quality UI screens and animation.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.