WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
[adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
BEST Engineering is Turner's engineering function that delivers broadcast technology services to all of our brands, manages broadcast and studio technology investments for our U.S. networks, and provides international engineering for our news networks. In addition, BEST supports Turner's file based production workflows for Entertainment, News, and Sports from content creation to distribution.
- The Senior Systems Engineer position requires in depth knowledge and expertise in both the traditional broadcast systems and the advanced IT systems required to support both linear and non-linear playout.
- This position will be expected to take the lead on large and complex projects and also act as subject matter expert and resource for the tier 1 and tier 2 support teams as required.
- This position is required to have an advanced understanding of live production workflows for sports, entertainment and news.
The Senior Systems Engineer requires significant knowledge of the following:
- High performance LANs and WANs - SANs, NAS and other high capacity storage solutions.
- Broadcast Automation and Archive Management systems - SD (SMPTE259) and HD (SMPTE292M) video - New broadcast IP standards including SMPTE2110, NMOS, PTP (SMPTE 2059-2) and others.
- Transcode and workflow management platforms - Compute platforms - System virtualization - Scripting languages including VBScript, PERL, JS etc. –
- Cloud Computing standards and practices - Knowledge of IP network architectures and protocols is desired.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be expected to perform system design, quotation and implementation including specification of all equipment and materials required, preparation of a bill of materials and the submission of cost estimates and justification to the senior leadership team.
- Once a project is approved to progress the Senior Systems Engineer will oversee the integration of the new system and in most cases be responsible for the configuration of all components.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing system overviews and training therefore excellent communication skills are a must.
- While this role is Monday through Friday based some unsocial hours and on call working will be required.
- This position requires a Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, electrical/electronic engineering or related discipline. An Associate degree with equivalent experience will be considered.
- Applicants should have a minimum of eight years of experience in Broadcast television projects and/or maintenance or eight to ten years of experience in advanced (tier 3) IT support/systems design.
- The position prefers an individual with experience of virtualized compute and storage infrastructures and systems, Broadcast Automation, Play-to-air broadcast systems (including automation and play-out servers) and live studio and master control environments and an advanced understanding of Graphics for production.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.