WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Senior Counsel, Original Programming - Unscripted
This Senior Counsel will perform high level legal work supporting the development, licensing and production of unscripted programming for HBO Max, as well as TNT, TBS and truTV.
- Drafting and negotiating a high volume and large variety of development and production related agreements, including co-production, licensing, production services, option purchase/rights acquisition, first look, talent and overall/term agreements.
- Advising on deal structures, underlying rights, digital rights, clearance issues and chain-of-title.
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders and business units on matters related to rights and clearances, tax credits, backend participations, claims/litigation and risk management.
- Candidate must have a combined minimum of seven years of relevant experience in an attorney position handling legal work for original television series at one or more networks, studios, media companies and/or law firms handling entertainment related matters.
- Excellent academic credentials and references.
- Superior drafting, negotiating and analytical ability.
- Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Outstanding initiative, strategic thinking and decision-making ability.
- A capacity to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience in what will be his/her primary areas of responsibility, including the drafting and negotiating of complex agreements.
- College Graduate and J.D./Law degree. Admitted to State Bar.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.