Click HERE to Quick Apply.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team building the cross-platform client framework that provides technologies and APIs to enable component reusability and consistent visual standards for components, styling, and layout composition across all HBO MAX clients. We are looking for an Engineer to help us to achieve our goals through investments in development patterns that accelerate and simplify cross-platform client development. We work with incredibly smart people and we have endless opportunities to learn and make a real difference and meaningful improvements to software development across many teams.
As a Staff Engineer 2 on WarnerMedia’s Client Framework team, you understand the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation, and you make smart decisions to provide the best developer experience for our application teams. We are responsible for client framework that is used by dozens of other development teams to create a unified view of customer experience for WarnerMedia’s streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. By working on our team, you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
- Improve client framework that provides the best developer experience for HBO MAX and other WarnerMedia products.
- Design and implement reusable client components with consistent cross-platform visual standards.
- Design easy to use, extensible, and performant client data service layer.
- Mentor more junior engineers to help them grow their careers.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have 3+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
- Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
- Work across teams and disciplines to help gather requirements for ambiguous problems
- Design, implement, and deploy complex software features
- Seek solutions for automation of common development, test, and operations tasks
- Have a good understanding of design principles and best practices and how best to use them
- Be adaptable to suggestions and feedback.
- Improve your team’s software and practices, proactively identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- We hire on potential and this particular experience is nice if you have it already:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Familiar with web front-end development workflows
- Experience with GraphGL, Relay
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.