Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
As a Senior Staff Engineer on WarnerMedia’s Device Reach team, you understand the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation, and you make smart decisions to provide the best developer experience for our application teams by abstracting away the details of the devices that the application is running on and providing hooks to make use of platform functionality. We are responsible for the device landscape of various WarnerMedia’s streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. Working on our team gives you the unique opportunity to build one of the best streaming platforms in the world!
- Design and develop tooling, tests, and abstractions that allow our developers to have confidence in their application’s behavior on many devices without needing to specifically develop and test on all of them
- Reconcile platform differences and provide a clean, performant and extensible abstraction layer for the broad landscape of devices our platform supports
- Improve the tooling and ease of development to bring new devices onto our technology stack quickly
- Mentor more junior engineers to help them grow their careers
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have 5+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
- Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Influence technology and process both on this team and across the organization
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.