Click HERE to Quick Apply.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We provide the services and infrastructure that builds, tests and deploys the HBO Max client application. We work on a large range of target devices, including mobile phones, tablets, web browsers, game consoles, and smart TVs. We ensure changes on one platform are consistent across all platforms. Our customers are the entire HBO Max development organization.
As a senior software engineer on Codeflow, you’ll directly impact the way we develop, test, and deploy the HBO Max client application. We manage and support a large, custom build system, spread across both AWS and an on-premise lab with multiple device types. Your software will transform a multi-hour build and test cycle into a routine process that will finish up by the time you finish your coffee. You’ll work directly with the engineers, designers, SDETs, and TPMs to understand their pain points, and how we can solve them.
- Scale the build system to support client engineering organization growth. As we continue to develop HBO Max, your systems will grow in support of it
- Scale a build system with many different, unique device types – phones, tablets, game consoles, and smart TVs. Anything HBO Max runs on, we get to play with
- Set the bar for code and test quality. Your work serves as an example to others
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Have 5+ years of experience in maintaining and operating CI/CD infrastructure.
- Have experience in automating CI/CD processes.
- Have experience managing a source code repository supporting more than 50 developers.
- Know the fundamentals in OO design, data structures, and algorithm design.
- A passion for optimizing the developer workflow. You innately understand the value of knocking 3 minutes off of a build process per developer.
- Experience supporting developers across Linux, Mac, and Windows platforms. Our tools run on all three.
- Contributions to open-source software. We make heavy use of many open source technologies, and understand the value of contributing back to the community.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure providers. We maintain the infrastructure we operate.
- Understanding of common git branching strategies, and their tradeoffs. You have opinions about the Right Way to write code, but are willing to explore others.
- Operating Jenkins server infrastructure, and developing plugins for Jenkins in Groovy. We maintain our own build infrastructure, and we’ll need to keep it running for everyone else.
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.