HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
The optimal skill set for this role spans software engineering and machine learning, bridging the gap between modeling and application. You will be embedded with software engineering teams while working cross-functionally with product, design, and data science teams. You will assist in the prioritization of where we apply models to business problems. You will be expected to stay up to date on industry trends around applied machine learning and how they apply to our problem space.
- Design and build components that will direct HBO Max users to videos they are interested in
- Implement systems and services that are transparent, flexible and easy to operate
- Work with other engineering teams and designers to improve user experience
- Mentor more junior engineers to help them grow their careers
- Experience working as part of a software engineering team
- Experience building machine learning systems for production applications
- Ability to use statistical methodologies to ensure we have sufficient statistical power to accurately evaluate results.
- 5 years of experience in Machine Learning operationalization, and 10 years of experience in software engineering.
The Nice to Haves
- A degree in computer science, statistics, engineering, or mathematics
- Experience with machine learning/deep learning frameworks/libraries like AWS SageMaker, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, or related
- A background in handling big data via open-source tools (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) or using 3rd party platforms that can convert data sets into high quality models
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM , as well as HBO On Demand®. and Cinemax On Demand®. in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.