Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team creating the next generation of content management tools for HBO Max. Our infrastructure and tools help editors create great content for our customers. We make sure everything shown on HBO Max is available at the right time and in the right place without exception. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to help us meet our challenges of transparency, flexibility and scale for the ingestion and validation platform.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will design and help implement scalable systems that take advantage of managed services and infrastructure (e.g., the cloud). You will help define the overall content ingestion platform capabilities; you understand the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation and operational impact, and you make smart decisions to provide the best experience for our content creators and our customers. We are responsible for content metadata that is used by our data science and editorial teams to provide a great experience for our customers. Making this data usable and integrated into automated pipelines is our primary goal. By working on our team, you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
- Design an ingestion platform that will let HBO Max provide customized content
- Implement systems and services that are transparent, flexible and easy to operate
- Work with other engineering teams and researchers to find new uses for content metadata
- Automate the integration of content metadata into editorial and customization systems
- Mentor more junior engineers to help them grow their careers
- Be an experienced software developer with a proven track record releasing software
- Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
- Write great code that educates your peers
- Embrace standards where they make sense, and help evolve them where they need improvement
- Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions
- Work in multiple languages and pick the right tool(s) for the job at hand
- Own a large engineering project that interacts with multiple teams
- Understand how your work affects the ongoing operations of an always-on, global service
- Experience with at least one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP, Axure)
- Experience with NodeJS and / or Typescript
- Relational and / or non-relational database experience (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience with APIs that are for internal use
- Experience with APIs that are for global, public use
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.