Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team who provides the platform that enables near real time targeted customer experiences and dynamic business decisions. Our current data processing infrastructure is ready for an upgrade, and we are looking for data minded developers to design and implement the 2nd version of our event processing pipeline to support both batch and well as stream processing scenarios.
We enable a data driven culture by building systems for processing datasets describing customer behavior for our OTT streaming video applications including the upcoming HBO Max service. We collect, transform and assemble data from access logs, services, web and native applications, and authoritative stores to create a unified view of customer experience for WarnerMedia streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. You will work as part of a cross functional team of software developers and data engineers to produce high quality data that truthfully represents the online behavior of WarnerMedia's customers.
- Build a large distributed, scalable, self service data platform that can seamlessly scale to handle billions of events per minute
- Design and develop abstraction layers to make real time stream processing available to broader sets of users
- Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers
- Work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Influence technology, process, standards, and best practices, both on this team and across the organization
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
- Be able to ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
- Be a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
- Have the ability to design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
- Have the ability to describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 7+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience using languages such as TypeScript, Java, or C#
- Experience building telemetry systems and data pipelines to stream and process datasets at low latencies. (Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Beam)
- Experience building workflow orchestration and automation systems (Amazon Simple Workflow, Kubernetes’ native workflows, Airflow) to drive insights, programmatic recommendations and marketing automation
- Experience with continuous ETL sourced from databases (Cassandra, Postgres, Redis) and third party systems APIs.
- Experience with data vault integration and visualization tools such as (Tableau, Periscope, Amplitude, Snowflake)
- Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.