Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
This position is a contingent staff position and employed by an external agency in service for HBO.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years' of experience in developing/configuring/maintaining large scale applications in a micro service architecture
- 2+ years of professional development experience using languages such as TypeScript, Java, or C#
- Strong understanding of NodeJS, web services, workflow modeling, web application development, and industry-standard version control systems
- Fundamentals in OO design, data structures, and algorithm design
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies. (Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Beam)
- Experience utilizing workflow orchestration and automation systems (Amazon Simple Workflow, Kubernetes’ native workflows, Airflow)
- Experience using native AWS services ( preferably S3, Lamda, Redshift, and Dynamo DB)
- Experience with continuous ETL sourced from databases (Cassandra, Postgres, Redis) and third party systems APIs.
- Experience with data vault integration and visualization tools such as (Tableau, Periscope, Amplitude, Snowflake)
- Hands on experience with native mobile application development stacks, e.g., at least one of Android (Java), iOS (Objective-C or Swift)
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.