Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team providing the services and infrastructure that builds, tests, and deploys the microservices that support HBO MAX. We help engineering teams to be able to consistently update and deploy their microservices without requiring manual inspection and to rapidly respond to design, research, marketing, and promotional opportunities. We are looking for Software Engineers to join us to maintain and raise the bar on quality, performance, code coverage, and end-to-end user scenarios.
You will build and automate the process of deploying, launching, and maintaining microservices. It’s a unique opportunity to learn about the latest Developer tools, such as Jenkins, Github, NodeJS, Kubernetes, and AWS and identify ways to improve their integration into our workflows. We need people with good ideas, high energy, and self-motivation to continuously improve our processes and systems. We work with incredibly smart people, and we have endless opportunities to learn and make a real difference.
- Launch microservices in international markets
- Scale the build system to support engineering organization growth
- Drive security expectations with a world class security team
- Improve upon code coverage through unit and integration testing
- Develop tools, applications, and services to improve developer productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- It would be great if you 5+ years of Industry experience in web services
- Experience in automating CI/CD processes for microservices
- Want to learn about Github, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Understanding of NodeJS and Typescript
- Fundamentals in OO design, data structures, and algorithm design
- Passion for delivering mission critical systems which solve developer problems
- Experience supporting developers across Linux and Mac platforms
- Experience contributing to or working with open-source software
- Experience in development using AWS services and Kubernetes
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.