Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team focusing on the customer experience for streaming products. We bring our quality focus to the team to help ensure we are making the right decisions to produce products that work every time and delight our customers.
- Lead a team of assigned QA Manual Engineers by driving priorities and applying accountability practices and performance management
- Take ownership of projects and work related to specific platforms
- Actively lead, train and mentor more junior engineers
- Assist in solving escalated day to day tasks
- Report team status to QA Manager
- Develop and refine Test Plans and test cases
- Understand key functionality enhancements and guide staff to create comprehensive testing scenarios
- Manage on and offshore resources to augment existing staff
- Deliver high quality, low to zero defect releases
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate processing flow charts, diagrams, tables, and other supporting documentation to convey proposed or updated testing approaches
- Design, implement, enforce, and evangelize standards for consistent practices throughout the department
- Have at least 5-7 years of experience within the Quality Assurance specialty, with at least 3-5 years in leading teams of QA analysts
- At least 2 years experience managing offshore resources
- Experience with Black-box/Gray-box testing
- Must have worked in positions which have site and product releases on a frequent basis (at least one per month)
- Strong knowledge of smoke testing, regression testing, test case creation, and applying automation testing to improve the delivery of the team
- It would be nice if you had a background in automated testing
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced degree in computer science or related discipline is helpful.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn is something we love to see in our colleagues. We value personal/career growth and the benefit it brings to the individual and their team.
- Industry adjacent experience is very helpful! Streaming media and games align very well with what we’re working on and the product we’re delivering to our customers.
- It would be great if you had experience with the following technologies: Amazon Fire tablet, Amazon Fire TV, Android mobile, Android TV, Apple iOS, Apple TV/tvOS, Browser, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Tivo, Xbox
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.