Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team providing the streaming platform technical operational support, guidance, and near real-time customer experience monitoring. Our team is passionate, talented, and most importantly growing to meet the demand of our direct-to-consumer offerings. We are scaling our organization and expanding, enhancing, and defining our incident management, change management, service level tracking/management, security management practices, and relationship processes. If you have experience in implementing, scaling, and refining technical operational experiences within a highly dynamic and massively scaled direct-to-consumer offering we want to talk!
As a Director of Operational Service Experience at HBO Max, you will be working within a dynamic and growing organization. You will help to formulate and implement the tools and visibility of our customer’s experience. The software and experiences you develop will play a key operational role in the day-to-day operational monitoring of HBO Max. As a leader in the technical operations space for our global offering, you will work with teams that span the globe while coordinating, monitoring, and measuring our experiences globally.
- Manage a team of software developers and working towards the implementation of operational visibility practices to be the best in the industry
- Be the source of authority in operational experience metrics that outline where we can drive performance into our experiences
- With your team, implement the collection, analysis, and presentation of operational data
- Understand the real-time status of our customer experiences across all client platforms
- Instill the best management practices across the organization. We believe in the investment of staff and that starts with how we people manage. You will bring innovative and passionate practices to our management team Simply put – you inspire your team to put forth their best work
- Deliver an industry message through conferences, panels, and papers of our practices, tenets, and values further progressing our brand as being the best in the industry
- Have 10+ years of experience in managing, implementing, and defining operational maturity into globally scaled Direct-to-Consumer offerings.
- Manage and develop your team towards world-class operational technologists and leaders.
- A strong background and track-record in Software Development and leading technical teams within a product development environment.
- A ravenous appetite to learn, measure and drive the best experiences in our industry.
- Operational experience in direct-to-consumer offerings in video content distribution or experienced-based offerings.
- Implementation experience in advanced CI/CD tools and techniques.
- Experience in the implementation and instantiation DevSecOps practices.
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.