Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
HBO Max represents some of the world's most beloved entertainment content and online experiences. We protect our company assets and customer data. Constantly striving to do better by monitoring the effectiveness of our security programs, processes, and controls. Most importantly, we monitor the processes that safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our data. We act as a primary interface in advising our broader organization and business leaders on the importance and value of security. Offering practical implications of emerging threats and identifying cyber risks that arise as our business partners advance new strategies.
As the Director of Security Engineering, you will manage, recruit, and develop a highly skilled group of technical leaders and engineers. Success means maintaining and expanding our reputation as a premium content distributor. You will work towards the development of programs and practices that center on providing our customers with a secure viewing experience.
We believe in the investment of our staff, as such we develop and grow leadership talent through mentoring, coaching, and planning.
In this role, you will help to ensure that our products are secure against malicious threats by facilitating threat modeling, security testing, code analysis, implementing security detection, defense strategies, and consulting with engineering teams on security best practices for architecture and DevOps processes.
- Guide the implementation of new cloud infrastructure methodologies, concepts and changes to security services with our corporate global standards and practices
- Developing and presenting at industry conferences as an expert in the Cloud Security field
- Continually improve and enforce code and design standards for the engineering department
- Apply your technical acumen daily; collaborate on secure architecture, risk assessment, security reviews
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, Sr. Engineers and Management on the Engineering roadmap
- Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met
- Present, communicate and advocate security perspectives as appropriate and needed
- Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team
- Monitor, review and coach individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate
- Support the professional goals of the security engineering team members and provide coaching (develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-one)
- Develop Team Cohesion- bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments
- Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bring 7-10 years of experience working and managing a Security Engineering Team within a Product Development organization (Direct to Consumer).
- Experience establishing DevSecOps programs with a distributed team across a complex technical landscape.
- Experience working with and presenting technical issues to senior leadership.
- Experience with privacy and security compliance (GDPR and CCPA).
- Responsibilities and experience formulating an incident response.
- Certifications in security such as CISSP, CISA, etc.
- Bachelors and Masters in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong global acumen (experienced with collaboration across international teams).
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.