Click HERE to Quick Apply.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
Like to develop features that millions of customers depend upon? The Commerce group is a friendly, energetic engineering team responsible for the money side of the HBO NOW and upcoming HBO Max streaming services. We're full-stack, working from the frontend to onboard new customers and serve existing subscribers, to the backend developing sophisticated commerce systems and integrating with external payment services. We're cross-location with teams in Seattle, New York and Helsinki, and have learned to work effectively through collaboration tools and occasional travel. We're looking for Engineers that have an interest in the commerce space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Partner Commerce team, you will design and build solutions for purchasing subscriptions and promotional offers with industry-leading partners. You will own and improve features in-app purchase, promotional codes and offers, paywalls and upsells, content management, and experimentation. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to build noteworthy components of a major new service from the ground up, and your work will make some of the world’s best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly. In this role you will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side, and have experienced engineers close by to mentor you. As a member of our team you will be one of the first developers to work with new payment features from technology partners like Apple and Google.
- Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with your engineering peers
- Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience
- Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers
- Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience
- Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms
- Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
The Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
- DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've develope
- Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences
- Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development
- Success in designing and building highly available systems at scale
- Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.