The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Business Continuity Analyst – Broadcast Recovery role assists with and often leads all aspects of Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery planning, servicing WarnerMedia Domestic and International Businesses. He/She works with seasoned Business Continuity Managers to coordinate multiple initiatives such as Business Continuity or IT Disaster Recovery plan development, awareness, testing, and maintenance.
- Assist Business Continuity Managers in developing Global BCP and IT DR Plans with a focus on broadcast recovery for WarnerMedia critical processes and systems.
- Assist with identifying and gathering plan and systems requirements by conducting business impact analyses, prioritizing critical processes and systems, and documenting overall BCP & IT DR plans.
- Work with Business Continuity team counterparts to understand Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) for critical business functions and related technology.
- Work with application owners and IT departments to determine recoverability options to represent business partners.
- Recommend recovery strategies and options to broadcast engineering and IT departments and assist with the implementation of recovery solutions.
- Work with application owners to ensure all broadcast and IT application data is current and up to date in WarnerMedia’s CMDB.
- Assist with and track scheduled plan maintenance and updates by meeting with plan owner or department representatives to review plan accuracy.
- Assist with coordination and facilitation of BCP & IT DR plan and system testing.
- Partake in documenting test results and follow up of action items as well as plan modifications as a result of testing.
- Assist with Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery awareness and training initiatives. This would include but not limited to, Fusion & Everbridge training, assisting with Business Continuity awareness presentations, plan education and review for multiple departments.
- Assist in additional projects and initiatives as deemed by executive management or business priorities.
- Assist in process for Vendor Risk Assessments.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry practices as well as key vendors.
- BS/BA degree (business/technology) required.
- 3+ years' experience in Business Continuity or IT Disaster Recovery industry is preferred.
- Broadcast/Media background or knowledge is required.
- Industry certification/s is a plus.
- Solid analytical, leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid problem resolution, analysis, decision making and client relationship skills.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Fusion Risk Management software, used to create BC & IT DR plans, is a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.