You will be responsible for managing the development, sales, production and delivery of the scripted TV output of the company and supporting producers in delivering the highest quality programming. You will ensure that the slate is strong enough to secure pre-sales financing from Spain and international distributors to ensure programmes are properly funded and produced to the highest editorial standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and produce Drama projects that are commercially viable, creatively ambitious and professionally produced
- Along with the Managing Director, identify and agree the development and commercial strategy of the Scripted business incorporating an understanding of a wider strategic goals of WBITVP and the requirements of the local market and international TV markets
- Maintain good relationships with relevant broadcasters, Directors of Programming, Heads of Drama and fully understand the needs of the market
- Overall responsibility for strategy and execution pitching concepts and projects to broadcasters, securing development funding from them and other sources of funding
- Work closely with Producers, Business Director and Head of Production to agree paid development budgets and full production budgets as projects are commissioned and then develop financing plans incorporating local pre-sales, international pre-sales and distribution forecasts as appropriate
- Responsible for managing and allocating the scripted development budget including staffing and option payments
- Work closely with Legal and Business Affairs on talent and commissioning agreements
- Communicate closely the WBITVP team on development slates and projects in production
To be successful in this role, we believe you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role(s) is essential
- A proven track record of delivering (and selling) high quality scripted projects within the territory is essential
- A proven track record of delivering (and selling) projects as co-productions or pre-sales within the Spain and LATAM region is essential
- Good relationships with broadcaster commissioning teams and the local creative production community are crucial
- Experience of managing scripted development, production slate and creative teams is essential
- An understanding of the international co-production and distribution markets is required
- Good working knowledge of talent, commissioning and development contracts would be an advantage
- Good English skills, both written and spoken, are required
- Good relationships with on screen talent and agents would be an advantage
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.