We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Newsource Assignment Editor/Producer, Digital is responsible for ensuring CNN Wire and CNN VAN affiliates get the best, most comprehensive and compelling digital content in a timely manner.
- The AE/P, Digital gathers digital regional news stories from CNN affiliates, curates and creates images to accompany CNN and affiliate articles and contributes to newsgathering, ensuring multi-platform content is gathered from our digital clients.
- The AE/P, Digital showcases strong editorial awareness and news judgement in managing content in the VAN and producing the affiliate/regional sections of the CNN.com U.S. page to increase traffic and optimize ad revenue potential for both CNN and its affiliate partners.
- This role comprehends digital analytics and uses them to inform content development and placement.
- Additionally, this role identifies trending topics and contributes to the creation of original video produced specifically for a digital affiliate audience.
- Social media management and customer service are critical components, as well.
- At least 1 year news experience as a web producer, assignment editor or similar role, strong news judgement
- Familiarity with content management systems and analytics tools.
- Experience in local news is helpful.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are essential, as well as attention to detail and flexibility.
- A college bachelor's degree is also required.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.