Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a strong candidate to join the engineering team behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War, in creating cutting edge characters and AI systems for our next genre defining title.
As a Senior Software Engineer - AI, you will bring years of relevant experience to bear architecting and implementing AI and gameplay systems in our proprietary engine. You will work with Senior Design staff, Animators, and the rest of our engineering team to build on Monolith's tradition of strong and innovative Artificial Intelligence.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both AI specific and general engineering systems across the entire codebase.
This job will require collaboration with the rest of our engineering team on issues of technical design. You will also work closely with other engineers and content development experts on implementing and refining systems to meet our designers' vision. The Senior Software Engineer - AI will also work with their team's production staff to help develop realistic schedules and identify all dependencies.
- Design, author, and maintain robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with Technical Leadership and other Engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of systems
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
What do we require from you?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience developing complex AI systems for a published game.
- Designed and implemented major game systems for a published game (preferred).
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred).
- Experience developing first or third person action games (preferred).
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Creative, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading game systems.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.