Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks four Global Publicity Interns for the Global Publicity department, for the Spring 2020 term (approx. late January - early April). The Worldwide Marketing Global Publicity Department is responsible for managing all publicity for our Theatrical Releases. This internship is designed to expose students interested in pursuing careers in marketing to several facets of Publicity while giving them hands on experience assisting the Publicity team in theatrical releases. These interns may:
- Work with individuals in department on specific strategic projects pertaining to theatrical releases.
- Participate in all team meetings, brainstorming sessions, department events, screenings and other activities to gain exposure to all parts of Publicity.
- Work on specific individual projects throughout the internship which pertain to all aspects of Publicity.
- Research and respond to inquiries.
- Distribute incoming/outgoing faxes, e-mails, tapes, and other correspondence.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in pursuit of an associate's or bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university, not graduating prior to April 2020.
- Preferred students will be studying Marketing or Communications.
- Experience in an office setting or the entertainment industry preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, on the telephone, and in writing.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints, while staying organized and handling multiple tasks.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.