We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The temporary news assistant is an integral part of the newsroom and the assignment desk. In this role, the news assistant is responsible for newsgathering for all CNN platforms including television and digital.
- There is a strong emphasis on writing and collaborating with our team of editors and managers.
- Clear, concise dissemination of information is a necessity.
- Candidate should have experience conducting interviews as well as writing.
- Some field work may be included in this position.
- The news assistant will be tasked will making calls and combing through social media during breaking news as well as enterprise reporting.
- Logging news conferences, transcribing interviews and scouring the CNN library and affiliates for video elements are also essential tasks.
- In this position, you should contribute daily story pitch ideas and be proficient with detailed notes and organization.
- It is critical that the candidate be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment where accuracy is paramount.
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.