Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a Creative Development & Story Intern for Spring 2020 (late January - early April) for the Story department. The intern provides assistance to creative executives in various aspects of creative development and story departments. For example, the intern may:
- Provide administrative support to creative executives by answering phones, scheduling meetings, rolling phone calls, etc.
- Provide clerical support to story department: archiving scripts, xeroxing scripts and processing script and coverage requests.
- Maintain lists of available writers, directors and actors and compiles into database.
- Establish and maintain contacts with writers on current projects.
- Prepare reports which outline Warner Bros. development and project situations and competitive development.
- At executive’s request, read overnight spec screenplay, giving verbal feedback to executive.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Pursuit of a college degree in Film, Communications, English or related major required.
- Some experience in the entertainment field preferred.
- Knowledge of theatrical film development process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Warner Bros. executives and members of the creative community.
- Ability to research and coordinate various projects, and identify resources.
- Ability to develop an understanding of business relations with filmmakers, talent and agents.
- Must have a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn about all facets of the entertainment industry.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to adapt to varied personalities associated with film production.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.