The Warner Bros. Television Legal Affairs team seeks a TV Legal Intern for the Spring 2020 term (late January - early April). This is an opportunity for a student from an accredited law school to gain an understanding of legal issues in the Television industry by working directly with and observing television production counsel. This intern may have the opportunity to:
- Assist department’s legal counsel and work closely with Warner Bros. Television risk management and clearance departments for review, analysis of, and suggested revisions to production location agreements, parking agreements, equipment rentals, and prop house vendor agreements. Help negotiate these agreements from first look through to signature for the wide range of Warner Bros. Television productions while working in a collegiate, vibrant, fast-paced environment.
- Research underlying rights and assess obligations based thereon.
- Draft basic production-related agreements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Currently enrolled at an accredited law school, not graduating prior to April 2020.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.