Warner Bros Pictures seeks a Music Library Intern for the Spring 2020 term (late January - early April) for the Music department. The intern will assist with the maintenance of the company’s extensive music library, specifically, all materials (audio and paper) connected to Warner Bros.’ feature film scores. This intern may:
- Organize/ “break down” orchestral parts from various recent film scores for archival purposes.
- Scan sheet music and other documents to create digital files for the Music Library database.
- Assist in organizing music materials such as audio recordings, music scores, music research materials.
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in coursework at an accredited college/university in pursuit of a degree in music-related field – preferably composition and arranging – not graduating prior to April 2020.
- Ability to read sheet music and scores required.
- Microsoft Word and Excel usage strongly preferred.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and manage /prioritize projects.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor, especially when dealing with talent &/or executives.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.