We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Great Big Story programming team touches every part of the company-from creative editorial and production, to digital publishing and distribution, to business and product development. The social team is an integral part of GBS, creating platform-specific content that engages fans and brings the voice of Great Big Story to your feed. For our intern, we're looking for a social media obsessed writer and maker who is just as comfortable pitching, creating and scheduling posts for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter as they are mining Imgur, Reddit and YouTube for trends, ideas and engagement metrics.
- Assist in scripting and editing video into social cuts for Instagram (Feed, IGTV & Stories), Facebook & Twitter.
- Writing and scheduling posts across all GBS social media handles
- Researching, pitching and helping produce social-only series
- Editing thumbnails, creating gifs and selecting and editing photos for social distribution Investigating digital trends, conducting competitive research, mining fan comments/reactions and threads for useful insights
- Candidates should be passionate about storytelling and social media platforms.
- Able to multitask.
- Have a good attitude.
- Be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
Spring 2020 program dates are January 13th through April 3rd. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.