We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
Follow us on , and .
Join CNN's inclusive Image+Sound team! As a member of Image+Sound you'll be part of a group focused on excellence. You'll work to develop yourself and discover ways to release your creativity. In Image+Sound we work hard, and we play hard. The Overnight Media Coordinator is part of Image+Sound's Production Services unit. Production Services provides 24/7 production and editorial expertise to support CNN's storytelling.
As a member of Production Services, you will contribute to creating a great work environment where you can grow in your career and be part of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN worldwide. The Production Services Overnight Media Coordinator is the last set of eyes and ears that review our content before it goes to air as well as being on the front lines of recording and ingesting content for all CNN Platforms while adhering to the highest editorial standards.
The Overnight Media Coordinator is responsible for bringing content into CNN's production hub during the overnight hours.
- You will collaborate with News Editors and Show Teams on content requests for all CNN Platforms.
- You will support CNN's television and digital platforms overnight production.
- You will often be the first set of eyes and ears on critical new elements.
- Recording and ingesting content (video and still imagery) into CNN's media asset management (MAM) system.
- Recording CNN airchecks for archival and edit purposes.
- Research video and text searches to support font creation and information gathering for produced content.
- Summarizing editorial content/context within records.
- Entering information provided to create complete metadata records.
- Manage content on the MAM system.
- Working in a fast-paced 24/7/365 newsroom.
- Two (2) years of experience in news or video production.
- Solid new awareness.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of file-based workflows.
- Solid research skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
- A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business.
- Command of the English language.
- Other language skills are highly valued, especially Spanish.
- Ability to understand a variety of accents.
- Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.