Burbank Television Enterprises LLC seeks a Info & Data Systems Intern for the Spring 2020 term (late January - early April) for Global Insights & Analytics' Finance, Systems, Projects department. Under supervision, Intern will gain practical work experience and knowledge, while supporting the various teams within Warner Bros. Global Insights & Analytics on daily operations, as well as various info and data systems initiatives that advance our efforts, as well as the efforts of the company globally. This intern may:
- Act as a first-responder to an array of info and data systems issues, evaluate and coordinate an appropriate solution/response, and follow through to resolution as appropriate. (PCs, MACs, software, hardware, printers and peripherals, networking, wireless, audio/visual, etc.).
- Support the Consumer Insights/FanLab center, including daily operations, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance. (PCs, MACs, server, software, hardware, printers and peripherals, networking, wireless, audio/visual, telecom, etc.).
- Support various data analytics and reporting initiatives (Tableau, MS Office, SQL, etc.)
- Keep abreast of emerging media technologies and trends, and report findings.
What do we require from you?
- Currently enrolled in and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any computer science related discipline.
- Previous internships or comparable employment experience preferred.
- No previous work experience required.
- The preferred candidate will also demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Windows and Macintosh O/S.
- Microsoft Office 365 office productivity software (especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Consumer-grade multimedia entertainment options (cable/satellite, mobile media devices, IPTV, MMO, HDCP).
- Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DMZ, VPN).
- Application programming, database, and reporting environments (VBA, .NET, SQL Server, Tableau).
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to champion a project and coordinate resources from start to finish with strict attention to detail.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- A strong interest in digital media entertainment technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with a wide variety of professional staff from internal support staff to executive management, to external contractors and vendors.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment.
- Strong follow-up abilities with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as, independently.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must possess a professional mannerism.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.