We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Producer 1 to join the Inside Politics team in Washington and work with John King.
- Working closely with the anchor, executive producer and senior producer in pitching, researching, planning, and writing show segments.
- Generating compelling and creative political segment ideas on a daily basis.
- Selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements.
- Writing and producing segments on daily tight deadlines.
- Producing segments in breaking news situations.
- Helping to research and produce Magic Wall segments.
- Extensive knowledge of politics and current events required; digital experience is a plus.
- Three+ years of broadcast political producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience required.
- Political/campaign field producing experience a plus.
- Proficient in inews.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Excellent writing and researching skills - style, language, accuracy and balance.
- Ability to think quickly during breaking news and produce segments accordingly.
- A good attitude - eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision and outstanding news judgment.
- Self-starter - ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Creative thinking-ability to find new, informative and interesting ways to present political news.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.