We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Temporary Producer is responsible for both guest segments and control room producing for CNN Tonight with Don Lemon.
- The producer needs strong editorial judgment with the ability to craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research that help to shape the segment and lead to news-making headlines.
- Individual must also be able to select key visual elements to ensure a highly-produced segment, including soundbites and graphics.
- Strong writing skills and a deep knowledge of politics are a must.
- The Producer will also serve in the control room and calmly handle breaking news situations, and communicate show changes during breaking news with the rest of the control room staff as needed.
- Must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a daily basis.
- The Producer will discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers; will make important editorial decisions and guide talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team.
- This position may serve as a backup to the line producer from time to time.
- 7+ years producing with show and control room experience.
- Extensive script writing experience.
- Experience line producing strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
- Extensive experience in covering politics
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.