About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing AAA videogames.
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Physics Programmer to work with its game development team responsible for a AAA title.
As a Physics Programmer, this individual will develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform run-time physics systems, and work with our tech art and tech anim departments on the implementation of various physically-driven behaviours.
- Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time physics systems
- Profile and optimize existing run-time and memory systems
- Integrate new versions of our physics library
- Develop and maintain debugging and profiling tools
- Communicate with content creators to gather requirements and identify needed improvements
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 5-8 years of software development experience in the game industry.
- Experience developing for Xbox360 or PS3 or Xbox One or PS4 (preferably all)
- 5+ years’ experience with C/C++.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certificatio
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical capabilities
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development
- Experience with profiling tools and optimization techniques.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience with physics middleware (PhysX, Havok)
- Familiarity with UE4 engine a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Strong code architecture and design skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.