The Director position attends to the everyday planning, management, and administration of in-house and licensed shows. The position also supervises internal departmental staff to ensure content deliveries to all necessary departments within WarnerMedia including finished materials to Atlanta for broadcast. Alongside the VP Post Production, the Director will also help develop and implement new efficiencies for the Post department.
- Licensed/CoProductions: Assess and review budgets and schedules from studio partners and producers, ensuring they meet parameters and delivery specifications as determined by Company standards. Maintain regular communication and fields questions so the shows stay on schedule, on budget and within defined parameters.
- In-house: Generate budgets and schedules, manage Post staff on series, obtain vendor bids and collaborate on workflow. Maintain regular communication and field questions. Manage shows so they stay on schedule and on budget while maintaining Company standards.
- Manage internal staff in order to service content requests and needs of other departments. Help to maintain and update Post Production manuals alongside Sr. Director.
- Negotiate vendor bids and manage vendor relations in order to service our shows properly and on budget.
- Alongside VP Post Production and Sr. Director, help identify new trends and technologies that affect or influence delivery standards. Also help identify new business strategies and structures for the Post department to stay current with technology.
- At least 5 years freelance show experience working as a Post Producer
- Single-cam 1/2 hour and hour Scripted experience required
- Corporate experience as a Director preferred, but not required.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.